[gradsusr] Grads/DODS - Access Denied

Carissa Klemmer carissa.l.klemmer at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 26 11:18:29 EDT 2013

Erik,

When you have issues with the NCEP NOMADS server you should use this
address - ncep.pmb.dataflow at noaa.gov - as we don't always monitor these
user forums.

On 8/22 a change was made to the OpenDAP server to limit the number of
connections a user can make within a given time period. This was done
after a few users were able to bring the GDS server to a standstill due
to over requests. This change appears to have affected many users
negatively. Once you reach that threshold you a blocked for a short
period and then released, causing your permission error. We will be
upping that threshold number today, hopefully this will allow all
connections that are not malicious to get through. If you are still
seeing problems overnight please let us know.

--
Carissa Klemmer
NCEP Central Operations