[gradsusr] how to draw fronts on surface charts in Grads?

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Mon Aug 5 15:57:37 EDT 2013

Hello Mohsen,

Frontal analysis is not well suited to computer automation. A lot of it requires subjective analysis by humans, which computers can't do. I've heard of Front Painter, but I'm not aware of any programs that automatically draw fronts.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
253 Research Hall, Mail Stop 6C5
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030 USA