[gradsusr] setting latitude and longitude for RTOFS data

Jean Pierre Arabonis arabonis at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 07:58:57 EDT 2013

Hi

    I am trying to plot RTOFS data from nomads GDS
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/rtofs/rtofs_global20130423/rtofs_glo_3dz_nowcast_daily_temp

The dimension part of the ctl data is as follows:
xdef 4320 linear 74.16 0.08333
ydef 2160 linear -90 0.08333
    The data is in an xy grid starting from 74.16 degrees east and 90 south with a resolution of 0.08333 degrees. Thus to set latitude and
longitude I have to calculate the xy range from this origin and cannot
define the range as
    set lon lon1 lon2
    set lat lat1 lat2.
    The second problem that arises is that I cannot plot across the
longitude origin, if I try to plot from say 70E to 80E it only plots
from 74.16 to 80 and if I plot from 430 to 480 it will only plot data
from 430 to 474.16.

    Does anyone have an elegant solution or helpful hints to these problems.

    Many thanks

        Jean Pierre

--
Jean Pierre