[gradsusr] any help/thoughts?

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Apr 15 21:00:01 EDT 2013

Take a look at the docs for the tmave() function. You may not want averaging over your time series, but it might be helpful in setting up a mask to apply to your longer time series to get rid of periods you are not interested in. You could create an ascii file with 0's and 1's, convert to netcdf with ncgen, and apply (multiply or whatever) that mask to your whole time series.
--Jennifer

On Apr 15, 2013, at 5:14 PM, Muthuvel Chelliah - NOAA Federal wrote:

> Hello Grads experts,
>
> Is there any recommendation for the following situation.
>
> After I define a variable VAR (assume daily data) for a period of
> long time, can I selectively choose a shorter sub-period within this full
> period and set VAR to undef value, and still
> use the full period of VAR values, with this newly set undefined
> value for that sub period?  I hope this is not confusing.
>
> The problem I run into is, when I try to redefine VAR
> for the shorter period, full period VAR gets deleted, and a new VAR
> is created only for the shorter period.
>
> Thanks for any help/suggestions.
>
> Muthu
>
> Dr.Muthuvel Chelliah, eMail:Muthuvel.Chelliah at noaa.gov
> Rm.3008, Climate Prediction Center, Ph:(301) 683-3393
> NCEP/NWS/NOAA/U.S.Dept.of Commerce,
>
> 5830, University Research Court, NCWCP
> College Park, MD 20740.

Jennifer M. Adams