[gradsusr] any help/thoughts?

Muthuvel Chelliah - NOAA Federal muthuvel.chelliah at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 15 17:14:51 EDT 2013

Hello Grads experts,

Is there any recommendation for the following situation.

After I define a variable VAR (assume daily data) for a period of
long time, can I selectively choose a shorter sub-period within this full
period and set VAR to undef value, and still
use the full period of VAR values, with this newly set undefined
value for that sub period?  I hope this is not confusing.

The problem I run into is, when I try to redefine VAR
for the shorter period, full period VAR gets deleted, and a new VAR
is created only for the shorter period.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Muthu

Dr.Muthuvel Chelliah, eMail:Muthuvel.Chelliah at noaa.gov
Rm.3008, Climate Prediction Center, Ph:(301) 683-3393
NCEP/NWS/NOAA/U.S.Dept.of Commerce,
5830, University Research Court, NCWCP
College Park, MD 20740.