[gradsusr] how to get average of a country

fairyes at zju.edu.cn fairyes at zju.edu.cn
Sun Apr 14 03:04:05 EDT 2013

Dear Kishore,

I  followed with your suggestion and run the next check gs file:

'sdfopen d:/grads/mada/data.cdf'
'open d:/grads/mada/maskout_china.ctl'
'set lon 61.25 143.75'
'set lat -8.75 56.25'
'set lev 0 0'
'set e 1 1'
'set t 114'
'd maskout(pdsi,1)'
;
It shows all the area instead of china. So I changed my gs file following your suggestion, but it showed some errors as below:

data request error: invalid grid coordinates

world coordinates convert to non-integer grid coordinates

variable=mask.2 dimension=3

operation errer: error from maskout function and aave function and tloop function

and so on...

then I checked mask.2:

'sdfopen d:/grads/mada/data.cdf'
'open d:/grads/mada/maskout_china.ctl'
'set lon 61.25 143.75'
'set lat -8.75 56.25'
'set lev 0 0'
'set e 1 1'
'set t 114'
'd maskout(pdsi,mask.2)'
;

well, it also showed some errors:

data request error: invalid grid coordinates

world coordinates convert to non-integer grid coordinates

variable=mask.2 dimension=3

operation errer: error from maskout function

error ocurred at column 1

display error: invalid expression

expression= maskout(pdsi,mask.2)

What's wrong with it? Does the ctl file I changed have some errors or other problems?

Thanks a lot! Best regards!

Zhihong

 Zhihong Zhuo,Postgraduate Student

 College of Environmental and Resource Sciences, Zhejiang University

Address: 866 Yuhangtan Road, Hangzhou, China

Email: fairyes at zju.edu.cn