[gradsusr] cat different resolution GFS files

Brian Gaze brian.gaze at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 13 13:34:50 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to cat GFS GRIB2 files at 12 hour steps, from 0 to 384 hours,
and then use the concatenated file which is generated for plots in GrADS.
The GFS files I'm using are 0.5 deg from 0 to 192 hours, and 1 deg from 204
to 384 hours. The cat seems to work ok, and I'm able to open and query the
file in GrADS. The problem is that when I try and make a plot (using set t
1 last) only values for 0 to 192 hours (the 0.5 deg files) are plotted.

Is the problem occurring because I'm  concatenating different resolution
files (0.5 deg and 1 deg)? If this is the case, is there a workaround /
solution other than switching over to 1 deg files for the full range?

PS: Using GrADS 2.0.a3.oga.1

Thanks

Brian