[gradsusr] Hello

Ricardo Hallak hallak at model.iag.usp.br
Thu Oct 18 13:35:16 EDT 2012

Hi avi,

I'm assuming you already have some variable representing cloud cover.

If you want to make a cross section like that, you have to:

a) or set lev between, for example, 1000 and 100 hPa in a fixed (lon,lat), letting the time axis sweeping the desired period of time:

'set lev 1000 100'
'set lon x0'
'set lat y0'
'sete t 1 last'
'd var'

b) or set lev between, for example, 1000 and 100 hPa in a fixed time and lat, and set lon between x1 and x2:

'set lev 1000 100'
'set lon x1 x2'
'set lat y0'
'sete t t0'
'd var'

That is, you have to fix two dimensions and let level and one another dim varying.

Is it what you are looking for? If not, please, let me know.
Ricardo

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:47:58 +0200, avi kojokro wrote
> I am working with windows and have the latest version of Grads.

wonder if it is possible to Make a graph of Cloud cover by
Grads.
If so, what command should be used to create a graph like this, as in
the
attached
example?.

Regards

avi.

Ricardo Hallak

Departamento de Ciências Atmosféricas (ACA)
Instituto de Astronomia, Geofísica e Ciências Atmosféricas (IAG)
Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
Rua do Matão, 1226 - Cidade Universitária - São Paulo SP 05508-900
Phone.: +55 (11) 3091-2850; 3091-4703
Fax: +55 (11) 3091-4714