[gradsusr] daily climo akin to monthly climo?

Muthuvel Chelliah muthuvel.chelliah at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 17 11:55:00 EDT 2012

Thanks Krishnamohan.

oops.. Yes, I do see now that you had raised the same issue before :-)

I will be nice if this issue is addressed, since especially after all I made
sure that I am looking at only the 365 days in ALL years with the same
365_day_calendar option (ignoring the etc 1 day in all intervening leap
years).
after all, the climo is already calculated in the first step.
>>set t 1 365
define dailyclimo=ave(dailydata,t+0,t=M,365) <<
and this above step works. The problem is in the modify seasonal part,
which just repeats the same first climo values in the first 365 days
(already
there!!) to the successive 365 days chunks. Right?

So, it is just like the 12 months case. Hence, technically, this also
should be feasible to do,
if the developers are kind enough to consider, and make it part of the
standard package, since so
many may benefit from this. But then, easy for me to say though ..:-)

Thanks
Muthu