[gradsusr] pygrqads output customisation

Shaw S.J. S.J.Shaw at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 06:58:29 EST 2012

Hello,

I have pygrads working and can plot data from gfs grib2 files using the default settings using ga.contour etc.
I would however like to customise the output for blue marble plots using pygrads rather like in the example below from the sourceforge page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengrads/screenshots/153722

Particularly I'd like to know:-

1.       How to select a different colour rainbow from the default.

2.       How to define a single colour for contour plots.

3.       How to define the contour intervals in contour plots

4.       How to turn of grid lines in the plots.

Any pointers to useful documentation on this or some examples to get me going would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Shaw
Systems Support Technician
Department of Geography
College of Science