[gradsusr] opening with sdfopen and open in same grads script

Jonathan Wynn Smith jwynnsmith.help at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:16:10 EST 2012

Hello
I have attached the following GrADs scripts.   I can not overlay ECMWF
Reanalysis (open with sdfopen) data over TES Carbon monoxide.   The ECMWF
uses the "sdfopen" command  and TES just uses "open."  I have attached my
script and the control file for the TES data.  I get the error message
saying that data associated with the TES file (thata variable is co.2)
cannot be open.  See below:

ga-> co_TES.gs
No hardcopy metafile open
All files closed; all defined objects released;
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
Error: nc_open failed to open file /Users/jonathanwsmith/TES_hdf.ctl
NetCDF: Unknown file format
gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
Data Request Error:  File number out of range
  Variable = co.2
  Error ocurred at column 2
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = (co.2)*1000000000
Cannot plot color bar: No shading information
Data Request Error:  File number out of range
  Variable = co.2
  Error ocurred at column 2
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = (co.2)*1000000000