[gradsusr] plotting long variable names

Donald Van Dyke don.vandyke at noaa.gov
Sat Nov 10 13:50:09 EST 2012

Thanks Ryan and Ricardo.  It looks like the truncated "m" was my
problem.  I never thought to check it manually from the command line
with the "q file" because other variables were working, and I've never
run across an instance where the variable name in the control file was
truncated like that.  I'll know for next time though.  At least the
solution is very easy!  It looks like GrADS has a hard limit of 15
characters for a variable name then, but at least it will still plot.
Thanks again for the assist!

-Don