[gradsusr] How to plot map on native grid?

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Thu May 24 02:03:21 EDT 2012

In GrADS, you have to omit projection entry to plot native grid data. In
this case, it  is impossible to plot map correctly due to no projection
setting is considered. One possible solution is to create a map data file
wich is projected as exactly same as you navtive grid data. Another way is
to use a software which support to plot native grid data with projection
entry, such as IDV, MeteoInfo. You didn't describe your data format which
should includes projection information inside.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM, James Song <littleho_song at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I wonder has anyone succeeded in generating a shape file or some other way
> to put map on the native grid? The native is rectangular.
>
> Thanks

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com