[gradsusr] Area average only for California

rjmera rjmera at coas.oregonstate.edu
Mon May 21 15:52:18 EDT 2012

Hi, all. I've looked at some of the previous posts on this subject but I
wasn't sure if it covered what I wanted to do. What I'm trying to do is
to get area average for an irregular polygon. To be specific, the state
of California, for example. This would exclude other states in the
vicinity and the ocean. How should I proceed?

Robert

I'm using this version of grads:

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.a9.oga.1
Copyright (c) 1988-2010 by Brian Doty and the
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.0.a9.oga.1 little-endian readline printim grib2 netcdf
hdf4-sds hdf5 opendap-grids,stn athena geotiff shapefile
Issue 'q config' command for more detailed configuration information
</home/server/pi/homes/rjmera/grads/Contents/Linux/Versions/2.0.a9.oga.1/x86_64/gex/udxt>
... ok.