[gradsusr] wgrib2

Jeff Lake admin at michiganwxsystem.com
Fri May 18 14:16:23 EDT 2012

yes this is a GrADS list, but those of you that have experience with wgrib2
I have a problem with a simple snippet ..
Attempting to get a 12hr fcst_ave from the NWS NDFD grib files
following the directions on the wgrib2 pages, this looks like it should work

wgrib2 -vt -var -lev -misc ds.td.bin -fcst_ave 12hr newdew.bin
but its not doing anything but making an exact copy of the ds.td.bin

anybody used wgrib2 like this so I can use GrADS to make 12hr fcsts and
not 3hr

--
-Jeff Lake
MichiganWxSystem.com