[gradsusr] Stippling/cross hatching for south polar

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue May 15 13:51:15 EDT 2012

Hi, Katherine --
The drawing of stippling and cross hatching in GrADS is an undocumented feature, partially implemented, that only works with the X window interface. You will not be able to get any image or hardcopy output if you use these features. I have never heard of hatch.gs, so I can't answer any questions about it, but I would search for another way to show statistical significance. Contours on top of a shaded plot, using the shapefile interface to create stippling, or using gxout grid are some options. We are working on integrating a new graphics rendering package (cairo) into GrADS that will support semi-transparent colors, and pattern filling for this kind of application, but it is not ready yet.
--Jennifer

On May 15, 2012, at 6:33 AM, Katherine Sadler wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> Not sure if i've replied correctly (my first time on gradsusr).
> I'm using the newest version: Ver0.03r1 (2010.01.04): hatch-0.03r1.gs
> It draws some of the lines then says there is an error on line 356 when i run it
>
> Cheers,
> Katherine

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA