[gradsusr] Is it possible to send output from gr2stn (time series) into fwritef to get text file output

thibidottwo thibidottwo at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 02:23:38 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I want to send a time series of data collected from a precise lat/lon point within a model grid (using gr2st so as to get the bilinear interpolation from the surrounding model grid points to that precise point) into fwritef so that I can get a text file output. I keep getting non-numeric args to numeric operation errors on the fwritef line.

fprintf "gr2stn(tmp2m, 'lonvar', 'latvar')" /gfs/grads2/gfsoutput/'locvar'temp.txt

Plotting the gr2stn part on its own works as I get line graphs of data.

Has anyone else tried to do this and is it even possible?

Cheers and thanks,
Theo