[gradsusr] Performs array assignments based on a conditional array

wilfried pokam wpokam at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 13 05:06:19 EDT 2012

Hello Grads users,

I want to assign to the wind zonal wind(at all vertical levels) the value 0  at grid points where the precipitation is less than 10mm/day. I tried the following, but I have an error

'sdfopen /home/precis/wind/uwnd.nc'
'sdfopen /home/precis/precip/prate_Interp.nc'

'set lat -90 90'
'set lon -180 180'
'set lev 1000 100'
'set t 1 2'

'pre = prate.3*86400'
'p   = const(maskout(uwnd.1,pre-1),0,-u)

Both 'uwnd.nc' and 'prate_Interp.nc' are on the same horizontal grids.
Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Wilfried