[gradsusr] Error while opening NETCDF datafile

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 20:27:25 EDT 2012

sdfopen command only support the NetCDF data file with COARDS
conventions. So maybe your merged data file does not conform the
conventions. You should give the data information with nudump -h to
help the judgement.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 3:52 AM, sreejith k.s <jithu9907 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I had 10 SST datasets each corresponding to a perticular year starting from
> 1999 to 2008 in NetCDF format. I mergerd all these 10 dataset into one big
> NetCDF file. For merging these datsets i created a new time axis and saved
> all the 10 datasets into a new variable. Variable name of those 10 datasets
> is "temp" and the newly created dataset is "temp1".
>
> But now when I try to open this merged datafile using grads it is showing
> the following error
>
> "gadsdf: Error deciphering initial time value in SDF file"
>
> Can any one help me to solve this problem.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sreejith

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com