[gradsusr] Error while opening NETCDF datafile

sreejith k.s jithu9907 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 15:52:28 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I had 10 SST datasets each corresponding to a perticular year starting from
1999 to 2008 in NetCDF format. I mergerd all these 10 dataset into one big
NetCDF file. For merging these datsets i created a new time axis and saved
all the 10 datasets into a new variable. Variable name of those 10 datasets
is "temp" and the newly created dataset is "temp1".

But now when I try to open this merged datafile using grads it is showing
the following error

"gadsdf: Error deciphering initial time value in SDF file"

Can any one help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Sreejith