[gradsusr] g2ctl templates

Andre Pattantyus apattantyus2008 at my.fit.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:35:02 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am reposting since I have not heard back about this error. I tried to use
g2ctl on gfs forecasts and analysis using a templating option. This did not
work as expected for unknown reason. The latest error is similar to the
first. Here is what I type:

g2ctl gfs_4_20111216_0000_%f3.grb2 > forecast.ctl
gribmap -i forecast.ctl

but it only reads the first and last time period which are a day apart when
I really want all the 6 hr forecasts. I cannot seem to correct this.
Attempts to change the template result in errors such as adding %h2, %m2,
%d2. This is really driving me nuts and holding back my work. Someone
please shed light on this.

--
Andre Pattantyus, Graduate Student Research Assistant
Marine and Environmental Systems, Florida Institute of Technology

Phone: (321) 674-8330 | Fax: (321) 674-7212 | Email: apattantyus2008 at fit.edu