[gradsusr] any grads users know why ARWpost interp_method=1 does not work for WRF v3.3.1

Heath, Nicholas nkh09 at my.fsu.edu
Tue Jun 19 15:53:08 EDT 2012

Hey Jonathan,

You're in luck...there is a fairly easy fix to get this working!  The problem arises with the header of the netcdf files that the newer versions of WRF-Chem produce---that "Output from *" line.

In your ARWpost folder, go into the 'src' directory.  From there, open the 'input_module.f90'.  Go to line 193, and make the following change:

Original:

     IF ( INDEX(title,'OUTPUT FROM WRF') /= 0 )     iprogram = 8 !! wrf.exe output
     IF ( iprogram == 0 ) THEN
         print*," "
         print*,"  WARNING --- I do not recognize this data."
         print*,"             ",trim(title)
         print*,"              Will make an attempt to read it."
         print*," "
      END IF

Add the following line underneath line 193:

      IF ( INDEX(title,'OUTPUT FROM WRF') /= 0 )     iprogram = 8 !! wrf.exe output
      IF ( INDEX(title,'OUTPUT FROM *') /=0 )        iprogram = 8 !! wrf.exe output
      IF ( iprogram == 0 ) THEN
         print*," "
         print*,"  WARNING --- I do not recognize this data."
         print*,"             ",trim(title)
         print*,"              Will make an attempt to read it."
         print*," "
      END IF

After you make this change, do a ./clean -a, then re-compile.  After that, everything should work fine!  Good luck!

-Nick Heath