[gradsusr] Call for scripts - severe weather related

Stefan Gofferje stefan at saakeskus.fi
Tue Jun 5 17:06:11 EDT 2012

Hi all,

in 2008, I started my website www.saakeskus.fi as a ressource for
Finnish / Northern European stormchasers. During the initial set up, I
ran into many problems, part because GrADS was just new to me, part
because I'm not exactly a math-genius (well, highschool was 20+ years
ago :) ). I got quite some help from this list, from single NOAA
employees and found some information after painstaking and seemingly
endless research in the internet.

I have just completed a complete makeover of the website, migrated it
from handcoded PHP to a modern content management system.
During this conversion, I also implemented a database which includes any
weather-related GrADS scripts which I have, to give something back to
the community and to make it a little bit easier for GrADS-beginners to
get started.

Now I would like to call for everybody who has weather-related
GrADS-scripts, which are not in the database yet, to submit them to us.
My goal is to build a big and diverse database of scripts all around
weather. Especially needed are scripts for more "complicated" equations,
like Supercell Composite Parameter or Significant Tornado Parameter.

Of course, the sender and authors of all scripts will be properly credited!

Greetings from Finland!
Stefan Gofferje

--
Suomen Sääkeskus - Hyvä sää on makuasia