[gradsusr] scanning descriptor file

Francisco Saimone francisco.saimone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:09:08 EDT 2012

Dear GrADS users,

I created a descriptor file from grib file using grib2ctl.pl software. but
when i run it it appears the following information:

Scanning description file:  GLDAS_VIC10_M.A198001.001.ctl
Open Error:  missing XDEF record
Open Error:  missing YDEF record
Open Error:  missing ZDEF record
Open Error:  missing TDEF record
Open Error:  missing UNDEF record
Open Error:  missing DSET record
Open Error:  missing VARS record
  The data file was not opened.

Can someone help me how to define those records for the discriptor file
created? it appears that this .ctl file does not have any information. I
supose this could be done automatically...I read some instructions to
define those elements according to grib file information...
dset ^sample.grib
index ^sample.idx
title sample grib file
dtype grib
options yrev
undef 9.999E+20
XDEF 360 linear 0.0 1.0
YDEF 181 linear -90.0 1
ZDEF 4 levels 1000 850 500 200
TDEF 3 linear 00Z02apr2004 6hr
VARS 2
u  4  33,100  u wind [m/s]
v  4  34,100  v wind [m/s]
ENDVARS

where I have to do this...i tried in the same environment but does not
work...

--
FRANCISCO P. SAIMONE