[gradsusr] creating ctl files

grads grads at weatherbadger.com
Wed Jul 4 07:08:44 EDT 2012

Getting grib2ctl working: I find the Perl script grib2ctl.pl works fine
with Windows.
Install Perl - or make sure it's in the $PATH
Then "Perl grib2ctl.pl...."

Actually... I think I had to comment out the line "use POSIX;" and/or
"use Math::Trig qw(deg2rad rad2deg);" to make the Perl script work on my
windows system.

Looking at your ctl file, the full paths
C:\OpenGrADS\CFSR\datafiles\wnd10mx0.5.cdas1.201104.grb2 may cause
problems. Grads in Windows doesn't like back slashes "\" with directory
references. Try ^wnd10mx0.5.cdas1.201104.grb2 or replacing the filepath
back slashes to forward slashes "/"...

James