[gradsusr] NOAA SNOW COVER

hli at envsci.rutgers.edu hli at envsci.rutgers.edu
Sun Jan 22 16:15:32 EST 2012

Hello there,

I am working with the NOAA SNOW COVER EXTENT, which is a a 89x89 array
matrix, using the NMC Limited-Area Fine Mesh grid, projected on NPS. I
have converted the data into binary format, and has been playing around in
GrADS using the pdef option available in the control file. The pdef
parameters are:
PDEF isize jsize NPS ipole jpole lonref gridinc
pdef 89 89 nps ipole(?) jpole(?) -80 190.5
As shown above, I have all parameters known except ijpole and jpole
values, the (i,j) coordinates of the pole referenced from the lower left
corner at (1,1). I simply used (45,45) which shows the map with
displacement. I would appreciate if someone has experience on this and
want to shed light on this.

Thanks.

Haibin