[gradsusr] Opengrads in Windows 7

hersala hersala at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:36:16 EST 2012

I just got the problem solved. Asking a friend of mine, it turns out I
didn't have a loopback adapter installed, so whenever I wasn't on a
network, GrADS wouldn't work (no local IP address available, and thus no
possibility to communicate with the X server). Installing a loopback
adapter solved the problem. That can be done from the Device Manager in the
Control Panel. Just choose "Add legacy hardware" from the "Action" menu
there, click on Next, then choose "Install the hardware that I manually
select from the list (Advanced)" and click Next, choose "Network adapters",
then proceed to the next step and wait for the lists to be populated.
Choose "Microsoft" as the manufacturer, and finally "Microsoft Loopback
Adapter". Let the newly created adapter initialize and that should do the
trick.

Best regards,
Hernán