[gradsusr] Computing Mean

Wagner Galichio faniker at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jan 10 11:25:00 EST 2012

Hello,

the command: mean_field = ave(field, t=1,t=LAST, 1) doesn't what you looking for?

LAST must be a number reffering to your last time step

hope this can help ! ^.^

Wagner Galichio

 De: Maria Tembo <mariatembo at aol.com>
Para: gradsusr at gradsusr.org
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 10 de Janeiro de 2012 12:51
Assunto: [gradsusr] Computing Mean

I have a question which seems kind of easy, but right now my brain canot figure this out. I have a file with 10yrs and 3 months ie, 1980-1990 for May, June, July. When i use

ga> ave(lon,lat).. what is computed is an average for all the 30 time steps, which is ok

But what do i do then if i want to average everything in this particular file to get only one mean, in terms of lat and lon such that i can draw a spatial map?

Thanks in advance for the valued responses