[gradsusr] Error in using skew.gs

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 12:51:03 EST 2012

Amulya,
Can you send me your data (or put it on a server somewhere for me to
obtain)?  I would like to try using yours and my version of the script
using your data.  If I find something that works, I will let you know.

Jeff

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Amulya Chevuturi <
amulya.chevuturi at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Printing Grid -- 1 Values -- Undef = -9.99e+08
> -9.99e+08
>
> 1000
> getrh
> 13.743
>
> 1000
> 0.00992721580569856
> Non-numeric args to numeric operation
>   Error occurred on line 2176
>   In file skew.gs
>   Error occurred on line 2432
>   In file skew.gs
>   Error occurred on line 1109
>   In file skew.gs
>   Error occurred on line 69
>   In file skew.gs
>
> Thank you so much for all your help. Please let me know how to proceed. As
> you told Mr. Jeff even if there is no interpolation, Does this problem
> still occur?
>

> On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Jeff Duda <jeffduda319 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay, modify that section of code, which was
>>
>>    Sfctemp=subwrd(rec,4)
>>    "d "snddewp
>>    say result
>>
>> to the following:
>>
>>    Sfctemp=subwrd(rec,4)
>>    'set gxout print'
>>    "d "snddewp
>>    say result
>>
>> as I'm not sure what that output means either.  My suspicion is that the
>> dewpoint value it's getting is undefined for some reason.  Are you trying
>> to plot a sounding in an area with elevated terrain?  When you
>> postprocessed with ARWpost, did you set the interpolate option to .true.?
>>  If you try to display the td field with lev = 1000 and some areas are
>> undefined, then you didn't set ARWpost to interpolate, but that shouldn't
>> be the problem.  It sounds like you're trying to run this the exact same
>> way I did, as I've also run this code with ARWpost processed WRF output.
>>  If we can't find a solution, I can send you a copy of my version of the
>> script for you to try, although I've already looked and it's not
>> significantly different from what you have.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Amulya Chevuturi <
>> amulya.chevuturi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Jeff,
>>>
>>> Thank you so much for the help.
>>>
>>> I added your suggestions to skew.gs. The SfcPlev is showing 1000, which
>>> I dont think is wrong. But the result of Sfcdewp is something I am not
>>> understanding. This is the following result I am getting on running
>>> skew.gs after additions made of "say result" and "say SfcPlev".
>>>
>>> ga-> skew.gs
>>> No hardcopy metafile open
>>> All files closed; all defined objects released;
>>> All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
>>> Initial Time is 00Z08JAN2007
>>> Create gif images as well (1=yes ; 0=no)
>>> 0
>>> Please enter coordinated for sounding
>>>
>>> Latitude values between: 4.96654 and 50.0419
>>> Enter Latitude
>>> 33
>>>
>>> Longitude values between: 48.3967 and 105.603

>>> getrh
>>> 13.743
>>> 1e+30
>>> 1000