[gradsusr] Error in using skew.gs

Amulya Chevuturi amulya.chevuturi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 02:21:08 EST 2012

Thank you very much for replying Mr. Jeff.

I have added the lines as stated. In the output all of them are showing
numeric values only. So I cannot make out what the problem is. Could you or
anyone in the grads user list help me out further.

This the output I am getting at the terminal when I am running the
skew.gswith the changes you suggested.

ga-> skew.gs
No hardcopy metafile open
All files closed; all defined objects released;
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
Initial Time is 00Z08JAN2007
Create gif images as well (1=yes ; 0=no)
0
Please enter coordinated for sounding

Latitude values between: 4.96654 and 50.0419
Enter Latitude
33

Longitude values between: 48.3967 and 105.603
Enter Longitude
78

Overlay two time periods 1=yes ; 0=no
0

Please enter time to plot
Available times: 1 to 17
5
Drawing temperature sounding.
Drawing dewpoint sounding.
286.893
43.385364499893
1573660000
Non-numeric args to numeric operation
  Error occurred on line 2430
  In file skew.gs
  Error occurred on line 1106
  In file skew.gs
  Error occurred on line 69
  In file skew.gs

I am attaching the skew.gs file with the changes added. Please let me know
how I can further correct the error. Thank you for the help in advance.

With regards,
Amulya Chevuturi
Junior Research Fellow (Ph.D. Student)
Jawaharlal Nehru University