[gradsusr] Error in using skew.gs

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:36:47 EST 2012

Amulya,
I looked through your script and I can't find the cause of the error.  I've
used this script on WRF-ARW output myself before (also postprocessed using
ARWpost).  I remember having some issues getting the script to run properly
the first time, but I got around that somehow.  The errors indicate that in
this line

thetae=theta*exp((3.376/TLcl-0.00254)*mix*1.0+0.00081*mix)

one of theta, TLcl, or mix is not being computed correctly.  I'm not sure
which of those it is, although you could put SAY statements just above that
line for each of the variables to see which it is.  What I mean is, insert
these lines
say theta
say TLcl
say mix
Above the line I copied above.  Then see what values get spit out.  One of
those is either a NaN of some sort or has characters where there should be
numbers.

Jeff Duda

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant