[gradsusr] using g2grb and changing the

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Wed Dec 12 19:59:44 EST 2012

Aloha GrADS users,

I am using g2grb.gs to create grib2 output of calculated reflectivity data.
 Everything is working great, but in order to make it operational, I need
to make the following changes to the grib data:
set Section 1, Octet 6-7 to 64 (currently 255)
set Section 4, Octet 11 to 196 (currently 4)

It appears that g2grb uses a template file, and I'm assuming that these
octets are set in that grib template file.  I am wondering if anyone knows
how to make these changes so that my grib2 output file has the correct
octet settings (or if you have a grib2 template file that would work, that
would be extremely helpful).

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Robinson
President - Graduate Student Organization