[gradsusr] Grads plot size

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Sun Apr 29 14:55:54 EDT 2012

Aloha Giovanni,

Instead of using printim, you can save the file as metadata and used
convert it however you want.  In GrADS, after you plot the data, do:
ga> enable print metaout
ga> print metaout
ga> quit

Then use gxps to convert the metaout file to a postscript file.  gxps
should be in your grads/bin folder where the grads program is:
gxps -c -r -i metaout -o metaout.ps

Now you can use convert to convert the file to .jpg or whatever
convert -size 700x1000 metaout.ps YourImage.jpg

2012/4/29 Giovanni Besio <giovanni.besio at unige.it>

> Dear Users,
> I'm trying to generate a plot with grads that should be 700px by 1000px
> because some text is being plotted outside the visible region.
> I tried to use printim x700 y1000 but grads generates a stretched plot
> of the same figure and not a greater plot.
> Does anyone has a solution for this problem?
>
> I'm interested in producing kml files as well. Does anybody could
> suggest me a good guide?
>
> Giovanni

>  Dr. Giovanni Besio       -----      Assistant Professor
>  D.I.C.A.T. Dipartimento di Ingegneria delle Costruzioni
>             dell'Ambiente e del Territorio
>  http://www.dicat.unige.it/besio      -   Skype: giospud
>    Università degli Studi di Genova, Via Montallegro 1
>                    16145 Genova - ITALY
>  Tel: 0039 010 3532479    -----    Fax: 0039 010 3532546
>             Posta Certificata - giovanni.besio at ingpec.eu
>

>   Io non faccio poesia, io verticalizzo.
>                                Franco Scoglio, (1941-2005)

> Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute
> in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del
> destinatario. Qualora il messaggio in parola Le fosse pervenuto per
> errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo e a non inoltrarlo a
> terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie.
>
> Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, you are hereby informed
> that this message contains confidential information intended only for
> the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, and have
> received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately
> notify us. You may not copy or disseminate this message to
> anyone. Thank you.

Tom Robinson
At-Large Graduate Student Organization Representative
Student Caucus Representative for the Graduate Student Organization
Graduate Student - Department of Meteorology
732-718-2323