[gradsusr] trouble compiling gadap-2.0

Sergey Varlamov vsm at jamstec.go.jp
Tue Apr 24 06:48:38 EDT 2012

Hello, Martin,

Just one remark.
Your configure log shows that you create application
using default installed system libraries:

Checking for optional feature support
------------------------------------
checking for supplibs directory... not found

And message on shapefile library test do not starts
with regular introduction:

Checking in system locations for libraries to support shapefiles ...
 but is:

- shapefile disabled

Similar is the case with "libraries to support OPeNDAP station data access".
It looks like some setup switches for testing shapefile and gadap library
in system location are turned off in the configure settings.
Or check the libshp.a (or libshp.so) presence and
include/shapelib/shapefil.h presence plus same for gadap,dap,dapclient,xml2,curl
(all required for station data access).
Or check lib vs lib64. Using local supplibs I just made
a link of lib to lib64 as some required packages create all
staff in lib64 when others in lib folders.
Build of grads was successful, if works, but still did not tested
in all possible cases.

Good luck to your!
Hope that compilation phase will create less problems for you.

Sergey

Martin Ivanov wrote:
> Hello, Sergey,
>
> Thank you very much for the useful hint. I used the gadap from the
> opengrads supplibs and it compiled ok.
> I installed the headers in /usr/include and the libraries in
> /usr/lib64, as is the default for my system.
> However, when I compile GrADS, it enables OPeNDAP only for grids and
> disables shapefile, although I have shapelib
> installed. The output of the configure procedure is attached. Any
> suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much for your assistance.
>
> Best regards,
> -- Dr. Martin Ivanov
> Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
> Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Fakultät
> Fachbereich Geowissenschaften Water & Earth System Science (WESS)
> Keplerstraße 17, 72074
> Tübingen, Deutschland Tel. +4970712975023

Sergey Varlamov

Senior Scientist
Ocean Downscaled Prediction Research Team
Climate Variation Predictability and Applicability Research Program
Research Institute for Global Change
JAMSTEC, 3173-25 Showa-machi, Kanazawa-ku,
Yokohama, Kanagawa-ken, 236-0001 JAPAN
Tel: +81-45-778-5516  Fax: +81-45-778-5707
E-mail: vsm at jamstec.go.jp

〒236-0001 横浜市金沢区昭和町3173-25
独立行政法人海洋研究開発機構 地球環境変動領域
短期気候変動応用予測研究プログラム