[gradsusr] 64-bit erroneous values grads-2.0.1

David Adams dave.k.adams at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:44:00 EDT 2012

Dear Gradsusers,
I am migrating to a 64-bit Linux desktop with Fedora 16.  I have installed
grads-2.0.1-bin-CentOS5.6-x86_64.tar

My GOES 12 Channel 4 (binary) data are giving me strange values.I have
tried with byteswapped and without and the values are incorrrect.The
pattern of the incorrect values (brightness temperature) are correct which
I  assume means that the binary values are simply not being read
right.These binary data works fine with the same ctl on my 32-bit  Fedora
Core 10 box and the following version of grads

grads v2.0.a8
DSET ^S10216956_201110020515
OPTIONS yrev byteswapped
UNDEF  0
TITLE  Temp. Brilho para America do Sul
XDEF 1870 LINEAR  -100.00  0.04
TDEF 1714 LINEAR  -56.00  0.04
ZDEF   01 LEVELS 1 1
TDEF    1 LINEAR 17:00Z21mar2010 30mn
VARS 1 cls    0 -1,40,2,1 'Temp.
ENDVARS
For byteswapped,
a particular value  is 112
for not byteswapped the same value is 65458
The correct value is 28850  (i.e., 288.5K)
Any ideas,
thanks,
Dave