[gradsusr] 64-bit erroneous values

David Adams dave.k.adams at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:29:35 EDT 2012

Dear Gradsusers,
I am migrating to a 64-bit Linux desktop with Fedora 16.  I have installed
grads-2.0.1-bin-CentOS5.6-x86_64.tar

My GOES 12 Channel 4 (binary) data are giving me strange values.
I have tried with byteswapped and without and the values are incorrrect.
The pattern of the incorrect values (brightness temperature) are correct
which I  assume means that the binary values are simply not being read
right.

These binary data works fine with the same ctl
on my 32-bit  Fedora Core 10 box and the following version of grads
grads v2.0.a8

 DSET ^S10216956_201110020515
 OPTIONS yrev byteswapped
 UNDEF  0
 TITLE  Temp. Brilho para America do Sul
 XDEF 1870 LINEAR  -100.00  0.04
 YDEF 1714 LINEAR  -56.00  0.04
 ZDEF   01 LEVELS 1 1
 TDEF    1 LINEAR 17:00Z21mar2010 30mn
 VARS 1
 cls    0 -1,40,2,1 'Temp.
 ENDVARS

For byteswapped,
a particular value  is 112
for not byteswapped the same value is 65458

The correct value is 28850  (i.e., 288.5K)

Any ideas,
thanks,
Dave