[gradsusr] sdfwrite

Muyin Wang muyin.wang at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 6 20:40:14 EDT 2012

Hi, Jeff:
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
The script works, and I am able to plot the files. However, when I use
"sdfwrite" to generate the NetCDF file for the variable, only the the first
time step's data is written, even though I did "set t 1 last" or "set t 1
120"

I do  not get error message, but do get the following warning when I run "
grib2ctl.pl" script:
"Use of uninitialized value $winds in string eq at grib2ctl.pl line 437."
After this, when I did "girbmap -i asp_test.ctl I got the following
messages:
gribmap:  Scanning binary GRIB file(s):
gribmap:  Opening GRIB file aps_21600.grb
gribmap:  Reached EOF
gribmap:  Writing the map...

They look fine to me, and I was able to open the grib file in GrADS.  But
why only the first time step of data is written?
Thank you so much for your help!
Muyin