[gradsusr] mass of water in layers

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Mon Sep 26 12:36:08 EDT 2011

I got a nice script from the script
library<http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/library.html>that doesn't
appear to be there anymore, but I've attached it to this
email.  It will plot an arbitrary cross section using the collect command.
As far as obtaining water vapor mass, really the only way is to use the
density of dry air to get water vapor density, or q*rho, where q is water
vapor mixing ratio and rho is dry-air density.

Jeff Duda