[gradsusr] using sdfopen and open in the same script

Roger Rodrigues Torres roger.torres at cptec.inpe.br
Fri Sep 16 17:52:58 EDT 2011

Hi Jonathan,
maybe you forgot to attach the script.
On the other hand, it seems that your problem is not in the open and sdfopen
function.
When you open two or more files, like
'sdfopen uwnd.nc'
'sdfopen vwnd.nc'
'open ARWpost.ctl'

you call the variables in this way:

uwnd.1(t=1, or some time of interest)
vwnd.2(t=sth)
arw.3(t=sth)

I wish this can help you.

Regards,
Roger Torres

2011/9/16 SMITH, JONATHAN WYNN. (GSFC-6133) <jonathan.smith at nasa.gov>

> Hello,
>
> With the attached script I am having trouble using sdfopen and open
> together.  The sdfopen is used with a netcdf file and the variables for wind
> are u and v.  The open files are with a ARWpost output. The wind variable
> here are U and V.  I open the the ARWpost second and use U.2, V.2 and t.2
> but no success.
>
> Any help with how to get these working will be appreciated.
> Jonathan
>

> Jonathan Wynn Smith
> Student Trainee
> jonathan.smith at nasa.gov
> NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
> Code 613.3 - Atmospheric Chemistry and Dynamics Branch
> Greenbelt, MD 20771
> 301-614-5956
>
> Doctoral Candidate
> jonathan.smith at bison.howard.edu
> Howard University Program in Atmospheric Sciences
> Washington, DC 20059

Roger Rodrigues Torres
PhD. Student in Meteorology
National Institute for Space Research (INPE)
Phone: 55 12 3186-9541
Personal Webpage: http://rtorres.webnode.com.br