[gradsusr] how to create quantile scale

Ondrej Vlcek vlcek at chmi.cz
Wed Sep 14 03:24:38 EDT 2011

Dear Bernd and John,
thank you for your quick answers and I am sorry, that I was not specific
enough.

I know how to set "clevs" and "ccol". But my problem is different. Example of
the image with which I am not satisfied is attached: most of the picture is
drown in purple (values <0.01). My problem is how to define "clevs" in such a
way that for each interval there would be approximately equal amount of pixels
in the map. Which basicly means to convert the 2D array into 1D, sort it in an
ascending order, determine values which correspond to the 10th, 20th, .. ,
90th quantile and use them to define "clevs".

Unfortunately I do not know GrADS functions which I could easily use for this
purpose.

I also note that I want to use this in an automatic GrADS script.

Ondrej