[gradsusr] Back Trajectories

Dr.Gamal El Afandi gamalafandy at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 12:31:03 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I was able to use Grads to calculate and plot back-trajectories but there are
some limitations related to that script (I can open just one file for each
calculation) I need to think about. The main issue is that each WRF file
contains only part of the daily values simulated for Indiana we need to get 24
hours back trajectories because the WRF output is in UTC.  Therefore in order to
calculate 24 hours back trajectories I would need to open simultaneously
multiple files and in some way change the code (if it is possible to manage this
issue) in order to get all the values and make Grads computing the trajectories.
My main concern is that once I open 2 files I will have exactly the same
variable names so I don't know if it is possible within that code to refer to a
specific value/variable and compute our trajectories correctly.
please let me know if you have any suggestions, so that maybe I can try.

With my kind regards
Gamal
Dr.Gamal Salah El Afandi,Senior Researcher.
Data to Insight Center of Pervasive Technology Institute
Indiana University Bloomington USA
2719 E 10th St.
Innovation Center
Room 130C.
Bloomington, IN  47408,USA
Phone:+1 812-856-2146
Fax: +1 812-856-1735

http://as.cms.rtinfo.indiana.edu/d2i/people
http://pervasivetechnologylabs.iu.edu/d2i/people

Al Azhar University
Faculty of science at Cairo
Department of Astronomy and Meteorology
Nasr City,Postal Code 11884
Cairo,Egypt
http://maindb.unfccc.int/public/roe/expert_list.pl?id_country=66&
http://www.itap.purdue.edu/pto/NATO_KEEO/partCoDir_en.html
http://www.ucar.edu/governance/iap/iapreps.shtml
Tel. 0020238701259 Home   Tel. 0020222618163 Work
Tel. 0020103770593 Cell      Fax 0020222629356 Work