[gradsusr] install grads

Goodson,Ron [Edm] Ron.Goodson at EC.gc.ca
Thu Oct 20 11:43:44 EDT 2011

Hi

When I had a similar problem .. it was due to an old version of libc
that 2.0.a9 did not support.  It was Arlindo who gave me the answer ...

From: gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org
[mailto:gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org
da Silva
Sent: February 16, 2011 6:17 PM
To: GrADS Users Forum
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] GrAds 2.0a7 and beyond - floating point
exception

Ron,

Sometimes this floating point error means an incompatible version of
libc.  What is the result of

% ldd --version

You should have at least GNU libc 2.5; anything earlier will not work.

    Arlindo

and he was right .. my version was 2.3.4. Rather than try to fix libc, I
upgraded to a more recent version of the O/S (I was using a really old
version of redhat) and then all was well.

ron