[gradsusr] bufrscan problems

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Wed Oct 5 21:01:28 EDT 2011

Bad BUFR news. Can you get a copy of the required table (in BUFR
format) from the data providers -- NCEP or NCAR? You should be able to
prepend the table (in BUFR message format) onto your data file and
then bufrscan will know what to do with it. I have no first hand
experience with this technique. Additionally, the GrADS BUFR interface
is somewhat stale -- nobody's worked on it for many years, and I think
there have been a few updates to the BUFR format since the GrADS code
was written. Unfortunately, there is no real motive at COLA to update
the BUFR interface. Furthermore, I'm not entirely sure how the GrADS
BUFR tables were generated and where the original table data came from.
--Jennifer

On Oct 5, 2011, at 6:31 PM, Yu F. Zhang wrote:

> Hi users:
> when I use the function bufrscan i met the same error:
> table/tables/B3M-000-013-B): No such file or directory
> how can I get the B3M-000-013-B?
> Thank you for your help
> Sincerely yours: Yu
> yu.f.zhang at noaa.gov
> Dear users:
>
> I am trying to read "NCEP ADP Global Surface Observational Weather
> Data,
> October 1999 - continuing" (http://dss.ucar.edu/datasets/ds461.0/)
> in BUFR
> format with GRADS. When I use the function BUFRSCAN I obtain the
> following
> error:
>
> Error opening table B file (/usr/share/grads/tables/B3M-000-013-B):
> No such
> file or directory
>
> I have watch this table doesn't appear in the directory
> /usr/share/grads/tables. Nowdays I using the GRADS version
> 2.0.a7.1-3 but
> I`ve looked for in other recents versions and this table doesn't
> appear
> either.
>
> Please ¿Does someone know where I could find the bufr table
> B3M-000-13-B? I
> also need the bufr table B3M-000-13-D.
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards.
> Javier Peña
>
> Javier Peña Álvarez
> Energías Renovables