[gradsusr] failing to open a netcdf file format (365 day calendars are no longer supported by sdfopen).

Jose Augusto Paixão Veiga veiga.uea at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:39:07 EST 2011

Dear all,

Trying to open a netcdf file format with the command sdfopen I get the followed error message bellow:

Scanning self-describing file:  ta_A1_1971_1990.nc
SDF Error: 365 day calendars are no longer supported by sdfopen.
To open this file with GrADS, use a descriptor file with
a complete TDEF entry and OPTIONS 365_day_calendar.

My question is: What GrAds version should I use to avoid this message and get my netcdf file correctly opened?

Unfortunately, I don't know what my actual GrAds version is. So, is there a manner to get it?

 Thanks in advance

José Augusto P. Veiga,

Universidade do Estado do Amazonas
Departamento de Meteorologia
Escola Superior de Tecnologia (EST)
Av. Darcy Vargas, 1200, Manaus-AM Brasil
Work phone:    (92) 3878 4333
Skype: veiga_j.a.p.
CV: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4027612512091565
URL:http://scientificmet.wordpress.com/