[gradsusr] Sfc level in ctl file

Rowell, Mason D. Mason.D.Rowell-1 at ou.edu
Sun Nov 13 12:18:09 EST 2011

All,

I was wondering if there were any users of the NARR data in grads that could explain something to me. Several of the variables in the ctl file are only at level 0, like this 'CINsfc          0 156,1,0 '

I recognize that those with 29 in the first column are defined on all 29 reanalysis levels, but level 0 means what? I just want to make sure that if I can set the level of the data to the sfc that it is a terrain following surface and not 1000 mb adjusted. Though it seems that 1000 is level 1, and thus level 0 is something special, like the actual surface that is not along any constant pressure sfc.

Mason