[gradsusr] Error while using grib2ctl.pl in GRADS

Anil acharya acharya_anil at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 18:31:25 EDT 2011

Hi
I was trying to create the .ctl file for .grb files using GRADS. I came with the error message as follows:
"Big problem
either .grb file is missing or not a grib file
wgrib is not on your path or can not

write to /tmp/h3229.tmp (full disk or permissions)"

I tried to see in the archives, and found some discussion related to size (<2GB) of the .grb file. I checked the size of my file, its just 200MB. Did anyone face the similar problem and able to solve it?

Sincerely,
Anil Acharya