[gradsusr] Opening a file having overlapping longitude points.

Martin V. Mathew vmartinmathew at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 03:25:23 EDT 2011

Hai

I created  descriptor files and able to open the file. Data displays
properly while
using  *gxout contour*. But is not  properly displaying  while using  *gxout
vector**
*and* **gxout shaded. *

1) While trying to display data using 'gxout vector' command

 In addition to plotting vectors corresponding to the data values, Long
arrows
 originating from every missing value grid point and directed towards left
bottom
 corner of figure.

 How could this false arrows be removed?

2) Also while trying to display data using 'gxout shaded' command I got the
following error

ga-> set gxout shaded
ga-> d uvel
Contouring: -0.8 to 0.8 interval 0.2
Logic error 8 in gxshad
Error in gxshad

I searched GrADS archives  and understood that '*Logic error 8 in gxshad*'
is due to nan values in the data. But there I couldn't get any solution to
solve the problem.

I am also attaching a sample data and control files I used to open the file
with this mail.

I am using GrADS Version 2.0.a6

Please give me some suggestions.

Thanking You

Martin V. Mathew
J.R.F.
Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences (CORAL)
IIT Kharagpur
India.