[gradsusr] Problem extracting HIRLAM gribfile

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 15 12:39:50 EDT 2011

Hi,

  5.50002 is a locally defined table.  This compression has been defined
by the ECMWF and I
haven't seen any documentation describing it.  When you convert from
grib1, try using a
standard packing method rather than a locally defined one (0/2/3/40).  I
think that I broke
the rotated lat-lon support in g2ctl.  Hard to fix with out some good
sample files.

        Wesley