[gradsusr] Previously Undocumented Command: screen

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Mar 15 10:32:21 EDT 2011

Hi, Users --
As I was working on mods to gxX.c for integrating Cairo graphics, I
discovered the "screen" command. I think it has been around for a long
time, as far back as version 1.7, but for some reason it was never
documented.

The screen command allows you to save the contents of the display
window into a buffer in memory. You can also restore the saved buffer
to the current display at any time. It works in double buffer mode,
but not in batch mode. It's handy for doing interactive animations and
for easy comparison of several plots. if you've ever wished for a 2nd
display window, you might like the screen command.

The reference page is at http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdscreen.html

--Jennifer