[gradsusr] how to combine nc files with performing some arithmatics on the variable in these files

Waheed waheed.met at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 13:50:30 EDT 2011

Dear all

 I have 57 nc files from 1951 to 2007 on monthly sum of precipitation for
our region ( these files have one variable pptn). now i want to combine
these files to get one file with 57 time steps such that t=1 shows the time
1957 and t=57 shows the time 2007 also i want to divide this sum in the
final file with 57. how to do this any help.

I have tried to combine these nc files through xconv software on RHL
operating system it does not give any error while converting but when i go
in and check the file it shows only one time step rather than 75 time steps.
I have searched it on the Internet and got that CDO( climate data operator)
can do it. but i am unable to install it and get it from net? how to do
this? or is there any easy way to do this. because i have 57 files for each
month ( i:e from January to December) .

thanks to all in advance...

Best regards

--